First Orthodontic Visit
First, we listen to you tell us why you requested to see Dr. Colville for an evaluation.
Do you want a better smile? Or a better bite? An early screening? Having airway or breathing problems? Any other type of problem? Be sure to let us know.
Our goal is to help you get what you want from us! We are excited to help any way we can.
Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination that includes a complete set of photos of your teeth and face. Many times, we will also make a panoramic x-ray if we have any concerns about unerupted teeth, or any issues concerning airway, sinus, or breathing problems.
Our doctors will give you a thorough explanation of your current situation and will explain any treatment recommendations in detail.
We will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What happens if no treatment is recommended at this time?
- Do we need to do anything before treatment can start?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problems we identified?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will the treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
We will take the necessary time to make sure all your questions are answered. Generally, our first visit requires 30-45 minutes to complete.
Our philosophy is simple. We recommend starting treatment at the right time, to do only necessary treatment, to get the best possible result in the least amount of time.
New Patient Forms
You may access our patient forms online and save time on your first visit.